Academics at Focus Academy
Focus Academy is a different kind of school.
- Rather than just trying to get students through high school, we follow a philosophy of preparing the student for college and life.
- Our school is all about customization to the students' needs through accelerated programs and development of character and self-discipline.
- We have proven that students can learn better and faster if given appropriate tools and surrounded by supportive grown ups.
- We have proven that students who learn these tools and follow our program can complete middle school in half the time, complete high school early, and even earn significant college credits before they graduate high school.
- We have proven that students who pay attention, follow instructions, and simply do the work in a disciplined, responsible manner can and will move beyond the mediocrity of their “peer groups” and assume leadership — first for themselves, and then for others.
- Focus Academy uses a comprehensive approach to education, giving our students the tools needed for success: in the classroom, at home or at school, whether taking the SAT/ACT and onto the college application process.
Improving the Status Quo
- We want to develop the next generation students who are equipped not only for higher education, but a generation that has the character, independence, self-reliance, and motivation to improve upon the status quo
- We want to stop raising children and start raising adults… who will take leadership at an early age.
- We want to find people who do not want to settle for mediocrity for their children just because they have different needs. Our parents are willing to move forward and to do something about it.
- If you want this for your student and you are willing to do what it takes to do it, then you need to find out more about us and let us find out more about you, and together we will prepare a path for success for your student.
With Focus Academy you’ll receive:
- Personalized Curriculum
- Personal Mentors
- A Specialized Support Team for Each Student
- Weekly Phone/Email Communication
- Parental Support and Training
- College Planning, Selection, Application & Enrollment
- SAT/ACT Preparation & Practice
- Scholarship Assistance
- Affordable Payment Plans
- Social Skills Classes as part of curriculum
- Toastmaster's Program
- Drama & Music Lessons
- Network of Support and Activities
Life Prep Services
Unfortunately, current educational realities reveal that the possession of a high school diploma does not insure one’s readiness for the rigors of college. The great news is, however, that students using our college preparatory training courses have been successful in their studies. Let us help your young adult prepare for college by aiding them in the development of the skills not learned in high school.
Please contact us to schedule a screening or to find out more about how Focus Academy can meet your students specific needs.